We are innovators. We are problem solvers. Plain and simple. Whenever we discover an obstacle or poorly conceived tool, we act.
One example is a new surgical instrument developed by our CEO, Shaun Carpenter, MD, CWSP, WMS. The Carpenter Curette makes extraordinary improvements to the standard curette. It will be marketed as the Adjustable Curette from one of the largest healthcare manufacturing companies in the United States.
- a dual-edge adjustable blade
- a pinchable cap to manipulate the cutting end into a narrow shape to debride smaller portions of a wound
- a built-in ruler
- a depth probe that also acts as a packing tool
- finger grips
- an optional LED light
Foot Plate/Walking Heel
The Carpenter Cushion
Below is a list of recent topics and presentations:
Shaun Carpenter, MD, CWSP®, WMS™ CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
- Spring 2017 - Proactive Biofilm-Based Wound Care | San Diego, CA
- Fall 2016 – Preconference Wound Assessment: Tools & Techniques | Las Vegas, NV
Todd Shaffett, DNP, FNP, CWS®, FACCWS, DAPWCA, WMS™ PRESIDENT
- Fall 2021 - A Stepwise Approach to Optimizing Wound Care: Leveraging the Use of NPWT and Dressings Industry-Supported Symposia | Las Vegas, NV
- Spring 2020 – Lessons Learned: The Great Debate | San Diego, CA
- Fall 2017 - Symposium on Advanced Wound Care | Las Vegas, NV
- Fall 2016 - Comprehensive Wound Closure Using a Viable Intact Cryopreserved Human Placental Membrane | Las Vegas, NV
Amanda Estapa, ACNP-BC, CWS®, FACCWS, WMS™ VICE PRESIDENT OF CLINICAL SERVICES
- Spring 2022 – Non-Surgical Debridement | Phoenix, AZ
- Fall 2021 – A Stepwise Approach to Optimizing Wound Care: Leveraging the Use of NPWT and Dressings | Las Vegas, NV
We also publish articles related to working in a Wound Medicine clinic, innovative healing techniques, and tips on how to stay relevant.
Here are a few: